Monday 9 June 2008

WatIR - Web Application Testing in Ruby

To be honest, up until I joined Immediacy, I'd always tried to run a million miles away from the whole idea of Automated Testing. However, I'm now starting to wonder why on earth I've spent the last 6 or so years going over the same tests over and over again. So many organisations want to have their testing automated, but rarely want to invest some of their hard earned cash in it.

When I joined Immediacy, they too wanted to have their Code tested in an automated fashion. I went through the rigmarole of trying to find something that would fit their requirements. The company then brought in an Elderly Fellow by the name of Dave Richards, who had years of Development experience, as well as a little on this thing called WatIR.

I'd always been scared of writing code, as I didn't want to be labelled as a GEEK, so when he mentioned writing Scripts, I almost layed a Brick! However, it's nowhere near as bad as I first thought, & I now love writing code that tries to break others code!

More on WatIR to follow.........or maybe not!

No comments: